Thursday, October 3, 2013

New York State of Mind

As I sit here this morning, tea in hand, tissues nearby, coughing and sneezing on my keyboard, I can't help but ask myself... WHY did we have to come back from New York?! Seriously though. It.Will.Not.Stop being 90 degrees and humid here. Let me set the stage for you. 

We visited my family in Western New York over the weekend and it was picture-perfect fall weather. High 60's, sunny, and the leaves where changing... I could get off on this time of year. Maybe that's TMI but you get the picture. It is my favorite time of year up north, with its crisp air, crunchy leaves, boots and sweaters. And then we come back to Florida. 
Where it is STILL freaking summer. 
In October.
Should be illegal. 

And now I am sick. Could have been the plane. Could have been something I caught up there. But I'm going to go ahead and blame Florida. 

I digress. I want to share about our weekend! 

We flew into Buffalo on Thursday afternoon and got off the plane absolutely starving. And what better place to grab something quick than MIGHTY TACO! Anyone from or been to Buffalo? Then you know what I'm talkin about. 



Two mighty-packs later (that's 12 tacos ya'll) we were on the way to my sweet hometown of Clymer, NY, which mainly consists of dairy farmers and Amish families. We spent most of our weekend at my sister and brother-in-law's house, which is, you guessed it, on a dairy farm. Here are some photos of us playing outside with my adorable nephew.



Between hanging out at the farm, my Dad's house, and sneaking away to our local watering hole for drinks with friends, it was a busy but fun weekend! 

We ended it with a bang by visiting Niagara Falls on Sunday with my Mom before heading out of town. Have you ever been on the Maid of the Mist? This boat brings you right in the middle of Horseshoe Falls. Holy awesome, Batman! I think it should be renamed "Maid of the Crazy-Strong-Waterfall-Wind-and-Water-Spraying-Right-In-Your-Face"... they seriously don't prepare you for that. We looked like drowned rats when we got off, but it was so worth it! 







When we got to the airport to head back south, I got the update that the Bills beat Baltimore. This was the icing on cake after a great weekend. See ya at Christmas time, NY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment