Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Easiest Apple Cider Doughnuts You Will Ever Make

One of my favorite fall foods is the infamous apple cider doughnut. Yeah yeah, it's not really feeling so much like fall in Florida yet, but who made mother nature the boss on when I can start celebrating this glorious season? In the name of my favorite time of year, I am determined to sweat through every 90+ degree day wearing sweaters and boots, sipping pumpkin spice coffee, and eating anything apple- flavored. Thankyouverymuch.

I pinned this recipe on Pinterest and couldn't stop thinking about it. Sometimes, when I'm thinking of baking something, I'm really in the mood to take my time in the kitchen. Just sift, measure and mix my worries away.

This was not one of those times. I just wanted to eat three one as.soon.as.possible.

I'm sure the Pinterest recipe is delicious, probably even more delicious than mine, but damnit if I was going to have to spend a couple hours in the kitchen and worse, have a ton of dishes to do. So I combined some elements of this recipe with another doughnut recipe to make the easiest (and possibly most delicious) apple cider doughnuts you will ever make.

Ingredients
1 can biscuits
Vegetable oil (enough to put about a half inch in the bottom of your pan)
1 cup apple cider
1 1/2 cups (ish) powdered sugar

Directions
Heat the apple cider to boiling; let boil for 10-12 minutes (until reduced). Add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to start, then continue adding until you reach a glaze consistency. I ended up using 1 1/2 cups. Set aside.

Remove the biscuits from the can. Find something in your kitchen to cut a hole into each biscuit to make the doughnut shape. I used the wide end of a frosting tip. Heat the oil on medium heat for a couple of minutes; carefully place the doughnuts into the oil. Make sure the oil doesn't get too hot, or your doughnuts will burn on the outside and stay doughy on the inside. Fry for 2-3 minutes, or until the outside is a nice golden brown and the inside is cooked through. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel. Pour the apple cider glaze over the doughnuts. 

Then let the feasting begin. These are just as good later on if you heat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds.


You're welcome.



The Hump Day Blog Hop
vodkainfusedlemonade.com

3 comments:

  1. Those look and sound so yummy! With only 4 ingredients too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The donuts look so yummy!

    I am following you on Google friend connect. Please follow me back ;)

    PinkandNavyStripes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look AWESOME! I get apple cider donuts every fall when I visit pumpkin patches. Admitted weakness.

    ReplyDelete