Monday, October 7, 2013

It's the Great Chevron Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Isn't October just the greatest month EVER? I've had my fall decorations out since Labor Day and I can't seem to ever feel like I have enough. It probably doesn't help that it's still 90 freaking degrees in Florida and every day it doesn't cool down I die a little more inside. Oh well, I'm determined to enjoy this awesome season as much as the rest of the world, even if it is still hotter than a Western New York summer here.

I saw this adorable Chevron pumpkin on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a whirl.
DIY-crafts-13

All I needed for this craft was a $6 foam/plastic pumpkin from Target, painters tape and some ivory spray paint. The pinterest instructions also said to use an exacto knife, but I didn't feel like spending the money didn't want my pumpkin to be quite so perfect. ;) 


Next I taped off my stripes. For me, there was really no method, just tried to keep the stripes even and match up the points. 

Finally I went outside and spray painted that bad boy. After bringing it back inside I let it dry overnight before taking the tape off. 

Clearly not perfect, but it is one-of-a-kind! If I were to do it again, I would spring for the exacto knife or razor to make the tape edges straight where I tore off. Also, make sure your tape is completely stuck down! Dang spray paint has a tendency to run and will run right behind your tape in the grooves of your pumpkin. And when you spray paint, hold the can a good 12 inches away so it doesn't run so much. I'm going to keep trying to clean up the imperfections on mine.. or just get another $6 pumpkin and give it another try ;) 

Have a great week! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cute! I never even thought about this idea, but it's inspired me to want to go out and get some pumpkins to decorate now! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete