Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Hump Day Blog Hop!

Today, I pop my "link-up" cherry.

Here's the deal: I REALLY want to grow my blog. I love to write. I love to read what other people are writing. I love to drink coffee and wine, depending on what time of day it is, and blogging allows me to do just that while I flex my creative muscles. 

Although my blog is appropriately titled "Her Roaring Twenties" for this season of my life, I'm under no illusion that "Her Stressful, Child-Bearing Thirties" aren't just around the corner. I've come to the realization that when I have children, I will absolutely want to stay home with them if it is financially feasible. However, knowing myself, I will need some sort of job or hobby so I don't go completely insane. I would love to have a successful blog where I do something I love, meet and get to know other interesting people, and even generate some extra income for my family. 

I see so many blogs written by women who are not only mothers, but hilarious, awesome writers with funny stories, great ideas, and inspiring thoughts. And they're geniuses, in my opinion, because they get to make a living doing something so fun. 

And up to this point, I've been a terrible blogger. I have made no attempt to link up with other bloggers or promote my blog, and I do not blog nearly enough, because, well, I don't know where to begin.

One of the bloggers I follow, Raven from Don't quote the Raven (who is shamelessly tell-it-like-it-is and absolutely hilarious), mentioned a link-up with Fitness Blondie. 




Don't Quote the Raven

Liz @ Fitness Blondie

My response was "What the hell!" 

I have nothing to lose. 

So here goes nothing! I'm looking forward to finding other new blogs to follow and learning from everyone about how I can make this blog something worth reading.



The Hump Day Blog Hop

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. I just joined this link-up today too...and found your precious blog! Are you from Florida too? I hardly ever meet bloggers from Florida! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stacie! I do live in Florida, but was born and raised in Upstate New York! Did you always live here, or are you an import? ;)

      Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. Way to go! I started my blog over a year ago and hardly ever did link ups and I had hardly any views. In August I decided to start posting again and really take it serious and post more often and promote my blog more, it has made a huge difference! Link ups have really helped me! I have a link up on my blog now too! Go check it out! I would like to follow you but I don't see where I can.. I think you can add a gadget in your layout tab on your main blogger page.

    check out my blog and follow if you like :)

    mywaytofitandfab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for letting me know- I had no idea I don't have a gadget! Will have to play around with it this evening. So much I want to do with this and not enough hours in the day!

      I'm glad to be linking up with someone who is also looking to grow her blog! I will definitely check yours out and follow you :)

      Delete
  3. Glad you decided to join us! I love link ups because they expose me to new blogs I may never have found otherwise.

    Check out my blog for all things beauty related :)

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad too, it's amazing what a little effort and putting yourself out there will do :)

      Love your blog and loved your ipsy review for this month! I'm a new subscriber and wasn't sure if I just don't know enough about beauty products or if there really were just some products that I didn't prefer. Can't wait to read more of your stuff!

      Delete
  4. I'm a new blogger too and really had no idea where to start in order to grow my blog. I feel like I annoy the heck out of people on facebook and IG trying to get people to follow it, so I thought a linkup might be a fresh start and a way to discover new blogs I wouldn't have found otherwise! Looking forward to more of your posts!

    Alyssa
    notyourmomscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete