Monday, March 18, 2013

Starting Today

Like many girls, I have always been self-conscious about my weight.
 
I have never been overly obese, but I don't remember a time when I didn't feel like I needed to lose at least 10 pounds. There was a time in high school when I became overly obsessed with fitness and weight loss, but I dropped too quickly and not in a healthy way.
 
Since high school I have mostly maintained my pre-anorexia weight, but always being about 15 pounds over what I would consider a healthy weight. Who am I kidding, of course I would like to be 20+ pounds lighter, but I am learning to embrace the fact that I will always have a thicker, more athletic build. I know that if I eat cleaner, work out more, drink more water and get plenty of sleep, the excess will come off and I will feel healthy and energized.
 
That being said, here I am in my mid-twenties wondering "if not now, then when?"
I cannot put off my best lifestyle any longer. I don't want to look back at this time in my life and wonder why I didn't put in the effort before children, career and the unavoidable changes that come with age take over.
 
In order to achieve my goal of losing 15 pounds, here is what I am going to do:
Drink at least 100 ounces of water every day
Work out 5 days/week
Track everything I eat on My Fitness Pal
Sleep at least 8 hours every night
Blog every week about my progress!
 
Here is a little "Pinspiration"
 
Well then... Guess I'll be going to the gym later... :)
 
Dream big, right? ;)
 
PS- as I write this, I'm watching Biggest Loser and eating M&M's. Don't judge me.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment