Thursday, February 14, 2013

L for Love!

I am a lover of all things DIY.
I am creative, scatterbrained, and find true joy in taking a bunch of nothing and creating something new and beautiful.
 
My latest craft was inspired by Pinterest and Etsy.
I am a Pinterest Junkie and SO not afraid to admit it.
And honestly, can any of us take full credit for our projects and recipes anymore?
I don't think so.
 
Anyways, one of my dearest friends in Maryland had her bridal shower a few weeks ago. Subsequently, she and her fiance recently purchased a house and I thought I would make them a one-of-a-kind wreath for their new home.
 
It may or may not have also been an excuse to make one for our house, too.
More bang for my buck, right? ;)
 
Anyways, here is the finished product!
 

 
Here are the supplies you will need:
wreath
wood letter
twine
1/3 yard of any 2 fabrics (I went with burlap and a plain cream colored cotton)
Pearl pins (optional)
hot glue gun
floral wire
 
I purchased everything I needed for two wreaths at Jo Ann's for less than $30!
Go ahead and try to buy two fabulous wreaths at target for that price. I dare you.
 
The first thing you need to do is wrap your wood letter with the twine, hot gluing in various places as you go. You could paint the letter for a different, unique look.
 
I used the floral wire and hot glue to secure the letter to the wreath.
 
For the fabric flowers, there are many tutorials on YouTube and Pinterest to create different types of flowers. I found roses to be the easiest for me with no sewing required. Check out this tutorial:
 
I hot glued the roses to my wreath, secured with the pretty pearl pins, and voila!
 
For the record, my use of the letter "L" is for Ray's last name, Love.
Wishful thinking on my part?
 
But since it's Valentine's Day, we can say it stands for our favorite noun,
love.
Yeah, let's go with that. ;)
 
Happy Valentine's Day sweethearts!



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! :) you should start one for all of your awesome nail designs, it would be fun to read!

      Delete